This amazing piece of real estate sits in about 10 acres, just 4 miles from Basseterre, and with beach access.
Clay Villa Plantation home was built in 1763 as the overseers house, part of the old Stone Fort Estate and was one of the smallest plantations in St Kitts and the only one where free men, women and family members worked.
The main house features 7 bedrooms and bathrooms and verandas to the east, south and west. Located on the property is also an original heritage cottage with 2 bedroom and adjoining shower and bath room. The landscaped gardens offer both private and public grounds and offering a commanding panoramic view.
The property is currently run as a business offering a taste of history and family museum, enchanted gardens, gift shop and a licensed cellar pub to visitors. The business has won awards including the most creative business of 2010 as well as the top attraction in the Caribbean. The property really must be seen to appreciate the full potential and history of the location.